Quick application form

Fill out this form and our tax advisers will get in touch with you as soon as possible

By submitting I agree to the Terms and Conditions




If you are Self-Employed, you may be due a tax rebate.

Self-Employed tax returns are usually issued on 6th April and requested to be filed by 31st January. You can declare all your taxable income, allowances, deductible expenses and anything related to income tax.

You are Self-Employed if you:

running your business for its success or failure

choose your clients yourself

decide how, where and when you do your work

able to hire other people at your own costs

responsible for unfinished work in your own time

charge an agreed fixed fee for your work

sell goods or services to make a profit

You can claim your tax back for:

car, Van and Travel Expenses

office, Property and Equipment

clothing Expenses

staff Expenses

reselling Goods

legal and Financial Costs

marketing, entertainment and Subscriptions

other expenses related to your job

Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

CIS covers permanent or temporary building, civil engineering work like roads or bridges. The Construction Industry Scheme is a tax scheme where contractors deduct money from a subcontractor's payments and pass it straight to HMRC. These deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor's tax and National Insurance.

For the purpose of CIS, construction work includes:

laying foundations and providing access works

demolition contrasts, which involves taking a building apart

decorating, refurbishment, repairs and extensions

installing systems e.g. Heating, lightning

labouring works

Contractors registered under the Construction Industry Scheme can claim for expenses related to:




protective clothing



public liability insurance

phone bills


other expenses related to your job

Illustrative example on how CIS business expenses will be deducted from taxable profit:

Mark McSorley works for construction company as a joiner. Mark's turnover is £35,000, but he also spent £5,000 for tools and other expenses related to his job. So, Mark will pay tax only on the remaining £30,000 income this year which together with rebate from his personal tax allowance would let him claim up to £3370!

Income tax rates and allowances

Tax Free Allowance amount - you only start paying the basic rate of tax once your earnings go above your tax free allowance. These rates are applied after your tax free allowance has been deducted from your gross wage. Unregistered CIS subcontractors usually get a 30% deduction at basic rate. Under CIS, a contractor must deduct 20% from your payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

Band Tax rate 2017/18 2018/19 2019/20
Personal Allowance 0% Up to £11,500 Up to £11,850 Up to £12,500
Basic rate 20% £11,851 to £45,000 £11,851 to £46,350 £12,501 to £50,000
Higher rate 40% £45,001 to £150,000 £46,351 to £150,000 £50,001 to £150,000
Additional rate 45% over £150,000 over £150,000 over £150,000
Please note that these bands and rates differ if you work in Scotland.

Our fees

Self-Employed tax claim fees start from £180 charge. Tax return obtained through our service will be refunded directly to you via your preferred method of payment.